The multi-purpose, impressive area at the southern entrance, comprising the spacious ARENA in front of the doors to the complex, offers a host of different options. The structural layout of this open-plan area, which is free of supports, makes it possible to use the 2,400 square metre hall for opening ceremonies, special shows, product presentations, press conferences and lectures. Overall, 5,000 square metres of space are available on three levels, including the foyer and a connecting passageway (1,600 sqm).
- Entrance hall with 24 ticket offices, information and registration counters, shops serving the fairs, bistros and cloakrooms.
A 30-metre wide foyer at the new entrance accesses the lower-level fair halls at the southern end of the grounds, providing ease of access to the individual hall sections. Stairways and escalators on the same level provide direct access to hall levels 1 and 2. Exhibitors’ stands on both levels in the new fair halls are now open to the flow of incoming visitors. This makes it possible to hold two events at the same time and to direct visitors accordingly. (i.e. Plan 1)
- Use of the conference / congress area at the South Entrance with seating for up to 966 participants. The glass outer facade offers a pleasant atmosphere for conferences, and the unique and very large blinds, to date the only ones of their kind in Europe, amply shield the interior from view. (i.e. Plan 2)
- Use of the exhibitor reception area / festive events at the South Entrance with seating for up to 708 participants. The unique location of the ARENA next to the South Entrance is the perfect setting for hosting events of your choice.
The light railway station S-Bahnhof "Messe Süd", taxi ranks, VIP parking next to the doors, as well as 1,000 car parking spaces in the immediate area make accessing the ARENA trouble-free. (i.e. Plan 3)
- Catering at the South Entrance at opening events and banquets, with seating for up to 600 participants. Backed by 25 years of experience we can provide customised catering and arrangements, with many options available. (i.e. Plan 4)
- With its newly completed conference centre in Halls 7.1 and 7.3 the impressive area of the South Entrance brings exhibitions and congresses closer together on the same level..
- Open air events in the ARENA, with seating for 8,000 people. Covering 10,000 square metres, the forecourt is also available for various types of events. Permanent rostrums located on the sides offer seating for approximately 4,000 people. Seating for an additional 4,000 spectators can easily be arranged in this attractive area. Power outlets, water, IT and telecommunications connections are all available at several points on the forecourt. Among the visual highlights are square-shaped fountains at ground level. Nine jets each can be adjusted to five settings, spouting water at distances ranging from 50 centimetres to 4 metres.